Jones Hand

Jones Hand

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another WIP Bears Paw

These blocks started out as Leaders and Enders to my Blind Man’s Fancy. Patterns is in an old Quilter’s Newsletter Magazine and is called Little Brown Bear.  I am having fun just sewing the blocks. It will be a quilt one day, no rush. I will just enjoy the journey. Maybe I will do my own applique for the adjoining block. At the moment I am just enjoying the sewing. All Paper-pieced and the HST are all different. I just so love the super scrappy look. I still have 2 more borders to put on these blocks to bring them up to 12 inches. One is Another HST border. All those blues are going to sparkle.Block1wb Block2w Block3w Block4w together
All the photos enlarge. The fabrics are all repros but come from many collections Past and present. I just wish that I had started to collect Repros sooner. My stash of Repros has only been collected over the last 6 years and if I see any of the older ranges try to add them to the stash too.
Some people find Paper-Piecing maddening I just love it. Stay tune for the next borders.  Have a  great Weekend All and enjoy whatever you do :-)Cheers Lynne

5 comments:

ria vogelzang said...

Just love those cute little bear blocks, Lynne!!
And those fabrics! Yummie!!!!
I also love to paperpiece! It's a great way to get all points at the right place...... ;0))
Enjoy!d

Lis Harwood said...

I adore your colour palette and your paws are gorgeous.

Kim said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! They are just wonderful!!!! Super scrappy repros are my very very most favorite!

Liz said...

Lynne, that's going to be an amazing quilt, love it...
Lizzie
xxx

Barb said...

these BP blocks are gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. I love the reds with those blues.