Jones Hand

Jones Hand

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wollmeise Socks

WollmeiseCUw
Wollmeise socks designed by Monica Jines. Pattern can be found compliments of Sheri at The Loopy Ewe.
These socks were knitted from the toe up with a waste yarn cast on. A Close Up The Yarn is Mountain Colors Bearfoot and the colour is Meadow Colour of the fullsize socks is more accurate Photos can be enlarged. I just love bearfoot which is a wool/mohair combination. They feel so nice and warm on my feet.
Wollmeisebw
Now Confession time. The ones above have been finished for a little while I had just not finished sewing the threads in or photographed.
The sock below is at the moment only one sock. I have another pair of socks tempting me and I need to hurry up and cast on sock 2 so that I am at least at the beginning.
Pattern is Nancy Bush’s Copper Penny Socks from Knitting Socks with Hand-Painted Yarns and the yarn is Mountain Colors Crazyfoot in Sandstone. I just love the stitch definition this yarn gives. The yarn was won from the Mountain colours blog so that I could test knit.
This sock was knit from the toe up using Judy’s Magic cast on. I am a convert. Much prefer to knit from the toe up. This sock is a little long but as I had already frogged  back down to the toe once because I did not like the way the yarn was knitting up in one pattern I was not going to undo again!
Crazyfoot
CrazyfootCUW
Tonight I made Anne’s Scottish Parkin and it is yummy. Treacle rich and oaty. Perfect Winter treat with coffee. Holiday Monday tomorrow :-)  Have a great Quilty or Knitty Day All   Cheers Lynne

7 comments:

Julia said...

Love the socks Lynne...both are great colurs...I have never knitted from the toe up..must give it a go..thank you, will go over and check it out..
Julia ♥

Tazzie said...

Gorgeous knitting Lynne hon, I love both the yarn colours. I knit sometimes, but quilting and piecing always bully their way into the front of the queue.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

antique quilter said...

love the socks, my youngest DD makes all her own socks, she loves knitting them. I love those holders you have the socks out they are beautiful where did you buy them?

PatchworkRose said...

Those gorgeous sock blockers were made by my good friend Rosemary for my birthday :-) Clever Girl isn't she.
cheers
Lynne

Taryn said...

You did it again. I am off to a great yarn shop in NY tomorrow and I was planning on "just looking." I know I'll be buying more yarn now.

Sandra Henderson said...

These are so wonderful! Sure wish I knew how to knit. Just not enough hands and eyes to do it all~
Your quilt on your header is AMAZING! You have inspired me so much by visiting...

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Lynne, I love th pattern you have used for the beautiful socks, you show us. Both pair of socks look great.
Thabk you very much for words to Laura's birth.
Hugs,
Anne-Mette