Jones Hand

Jones Hand

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mockery Socks are finished :-)

I have finished  my Mockery socks :-) Just love the pattern and it was just so easy. It is available here  as a free PDF download thanks to  Live to Knit . Pattern was easy to remember and relaxing to do. I needed something that I could just sit and do without too much thought. Yarn was bought from Stranded in OZ Melissa has a stall at the local Port markets. BTW she did tell me the dyelots were not from the same batch.
seasocksCuw
I know the 2 socks are different. They were bought as hand-dyed 50gm balls. I love the way each ball knit up uniquely and am not at all fussed that they are so different. They are socks with personality.
I have nearly finished another sock too and just love this one. Still have to make its mate though
seasocks2bw 
Thank goodness I am starting to feel a whole lot better. It has taken a while and there were a couple of days last week that I missed altogether. Sometimes you do have to slow down to get better.
I have also made block 16 of Nearly Insane but have not taken a photograph of it yet so stay tune. It is simple but sweet.
Cheers Lynne

6 comments:

Lurline said...

Love your socks!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Melissa Deutsch Scott said...

Your socks look magnificent. Wear them in good health! Kind Regards, Melissa

Julia said...

Oh wow Lynne...I love your socks..I'm stuck on my DH's just now..but this is going to be my next pair for sure,,Thank you for the link!
Hugs Julia ♥

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Great socks! :-) And the colour is great, I love this blue-green colour. Thanks for linking to the pattern. It looks as if I have to put them on my to-do-list.
Hugs,
Anne-Mette

Nat Palaskas said...

Just to come over and say hi. I am a member of the CWB blog and can't wait to see your first block on there too. I am working hard on mine. It takes quite awhile to stitch each piece on. I have not applique for a long time. It's very enjoyable!!!

qusic said...

lovely socks, I adore handpainted ones. Thank you for your visit to my blog and your nice comment. These old sewing machines are gorgeous. Wonder what they all sewed:)