Jones Hand

Jones Hand

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Frister and Rossmann Chainstitch Sewing Machine

 Frister-FRW
This lovely little chainstitch machine was obviously based on the American made Willcox and Gibbs and except for some minor differences is almost identical. Although I have no proof I believe they were made under licence and I believe would date to c1900. Its serial number is 3640.
FristerCUrW
Although the serial number is quite low I would think that the numbers only relate to this model which were definately made in very small numbers.
aFrister-RearW
Unfortunately I do not have the cover for it. It would be wonderful to get one :-)
Cheers   Rob

1 comment:

Dave said...

I have the same machine in my collection, I originaly thought it was a W&G machine. information is sparce on this machine.