Jones Hand

Jones Hand

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Singer GingerBread Drawing Room Cabinet

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is my favourite sewing machine. A Singer Drawing Room Cabinet with a 15K Tiffany or Gingerbread head. Dating to 1908 and complete with Puzzlebox. The machine also has a Handcrank with the Gingerbread decals.

My Quilt Treadle

Remarkable rocks quilt

Puzzle box oil can etc

Quilt Machine head  Quite a few years ago now (about 6) I did a workshop with Jenny Bowker . I made a quilt with my favourite Treadle and above a wonderful holiday we had on Kangaroo Island. The scene is of Remarkable Rocks.

This quilt was before the reproduction era. I have used all sorts of mediums Foils, Fabric Dyeing, colouring pencil. The decorative wood carvings are actually quilted on the quilt.  I learnt many things making this quilt and had a lot of fun.

This is my first post using Windows Live Writer . I guess I will learn more about it as I go along.

Take Care and Have a very Happy and Safe Easter Break.

We do not decorate our house for Easter but I can safely say that there is a lot of Chocolate around.

Lynne

5 comments:

ranette said...

Love the cabinet, sewing machine and the beautiful quilt!

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Wow! What a gorgeous treadle and cabinet!!! It is in very good shape. The quilt is cool too.

Eva said...

Wow, that cabinet is amazing! I have one in the same style in tiger oak, but it has none of that amazing detailing applied to it. (I still need to get the machine head in mine working, there's something wrong with the presser foot lift...)

Thanks for sharing pictures of it! :)

Natasha said...

Hello, I have the same singer machine in a fairly similar cabinet, how do you put it back down?

PatchworkRose said...

Hi Natasha as you are a No Reply Blogger this is the only way I can reply to you. To put the machine back down you simply push down on the head of the machine and it will move downward into place. Cheers
Lynne